Do Your Part
You can make a difference!
Here are some ways in which you can lessen your carbon footprint without spending ANY more than you would normally. In many instances, you may even spend LESS!!
Around the house:
- Conserve water by watering your grass early in the morning.
- Make a compost pile in your yard rather than burning leaves or throwing them away.
- Use organic insect control products in your home garden.
- Keep water barrels in the yard to collect rain water to water your plants rather than using the hose.
- Plant a garden in the yard to grow edibles, you can teach your children…It’s fun too!!
On The Road
- Take less unnecessary trips, be efficient in your travels.
- Go on bike rides or walks rather than joy rides in your car.
- Car pool whenever possible.
- Consider a Hybrid or a more efficient car.
- Know when to turn your car off.
Around The Office:
- Only print when necessary, send emails whenever possible.
- Use a coffee mug rather than Styrofoam cups.
- Re-use office supplies whenever possible.
- Put up a dry erase board rather than paper notes that get thrown away.
- Turn the lights off when closing up shop.